Hi there, coming to you this week from Spring Break in Myrtle Beach! One of the major perks of teaching is that I have some time off to spend with family! My mom and I packed up L and headed south for the week! The weather is perfect and we are having a great time! We are even heading to Charlestown today to visit with one of my favorite friends from college! Don’t worry, I will be sharing a full recap as well as some tips fro traveling with a toddler once we return home! The trip has been really relaxing and laid back, without much of a plan besides making sure L gets his naps and heads to bed a semi-normal time. This week I am loving many things, but I narrowed it down a little to share with you! (more…)
Category: What We Love
Whoops and wow! Somehow we blinked and missed a few weeks! Sorry about that, but we don’t have to tell you how life can be!! It has been a wild couple weeks around here with sick babies, Crystal training for a 10-miler, Lindsey training for a 10K and both of us being super occupied at work. More on those in a later post or two.
In the meantime, here are a few things we have been loving lately! (more…)
You know how we said last week went so fast, yeah this week, not so much! We made it to hump day! Let’s hope the next few work days can go a little quicker! Weeks like this make us extra thankful for snuggles from our littles and a few of life’s little luxuries that add comfort during a hard week. Check them out if you need a little pick me up!
- I gave myself a little DIY manicure with fun color by OPI called CIA: Color is Awesome. It is a really dark teal color that is a nice mix between a winter dark and a vibrant color.
- I love a little chocolate each day to keep me from missing my sweets too much (although I have been a little into these and other sweets this week). These dark chocolate mint squares are perfect. One square and my craving is usually satisfied.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Dark Roast. I love it with a little caramel and skim milk. I usually treat myself to one on Friday mornings. I like the dark roast because it has a slightly stronger taste which helps to get me through that last little bit of the work week!
- I treated myself to a bath for the first time in… let’s just say, it’s been a little too long. I was gifted a few bath LUSH cosmetics bath bombs for my birthday – yes, almost a year ago. Better late than never, right? This one smelled heavenly – not to mention, made the water so pretty!
- I also gave myself an at-home mani. Lately I’ve realized trips to the nail salon aren’t as relaxing as they once were. I always feel like I’m in a bit of a hurry. So, I’ve started using manicures as a great excuse to sit still and binge watch a little Netflix. My go-to color right now is Essie Lady Like. The perfect neutral with a hint of blush, purple, and gray. Swoon.
- OH, and last but not least… I’m loving these peep toe wedges I just purchased. I bought the taupe color. The perfect transition item as we head into Spring. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Did I mention they are Dr. Scholl’s? Seriously, the comfort. They’re cute though, right?
Now that you know what’s getting us through the week, feel free to share anything we should try!
Well, the weeks sure do go faster when there is no work or school on Monday! We have been enjoying some unseasonably warm weather here in Maryland and some great time with family to go along with it! In addition to extra family time, which is at the top of both our lists here is what we love this week:
This wagon, (pictured here with the canopy off and with his hat on because the sun was going down and I, being a first time mom, of course freaked out about him getting cold) L got the chance to ride in H’s at the Christmas tree farm this year and he LOVED it! For Christmas, my parents go him his own and he has the best time going for a stroll around the neighborhood in it on these nice warm days! It is a bit on the expensive side, but it is worth it as we have already gotten a ton of use out of it!
This twist on our usual tacos by the Garlic Diaries. We usually use the taco shells from a box or tortillas but the lettuce makes it a bit more healthy. We did add some extra fajita style peppers and onions in. It is perfect for us because my husband loves tacos and we have them about once a week! (It’s even 21 Day Fix approved) (more…)
Happy Hump Day! It has been a long few days, but the weekend is in sight! We want to share a few more things we are loving this week! But first, an update! The dessert recipe Crystal posted last week, yeah she made it for a little get together this weekend and lets just say, people were licking the serving dish!! AMAZING! In case you missed it, you can find it here. For real, if you are looking for something to make for Valentine’s Day, it’s perfect! Filled with chocolaty gooey goodness, and perfect for toddlers’ little hands. Harper even helped with the Oreo placement! (more…)
Follow our blog with Bloglovin
We thought it may be fun to share a few things we are really loving each week. So this week, we kick off “What We Love Wednesday” with a few products and recipes that are really making us smile – especially during this cold weather! (more…)